Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sam, Rupesh, and Creative Loafing's Beer Issue

Yesterday I waltzed into Slice in downtown Atlanta looking to grab some dinner. Since I was alone -- so very, very alone -- I grabbed the Creative Loafing at the bar.


"Look, it's the beer issue!" I said to my brain. "Maybe if I read this article on homebrewing, I'll have something insightful to say and look smart at beer cl--"

And then I saw it.

Rupe and Sam hoisting forth their beers on the cover. Our Rupe. And our Sam. On the cover with beer!


But who are these other beer drinkers? Are Rupe and Sam in another beer club? Are they too cool for us? Should the Dirty South Beer Club worry about defection?

I mean, the article makes the folks sound pretty awesome -- growing hops, performing science, brewing beer. All we have to offer is stunningly attractive members with loose morals and a cursory knowledge of HTML. It's not much, but it's all we've got.

On behalf of the Dirty South Beer Club, I beseech you, Rupe and Sam -- please don't forget about us little people!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome press, but where's the DirtySouth gangster signal in the picture? We need to like wear brown bandannas or something.

    ReplyDelete