Saturday, August 8, 2009

DC Beer Week -- the Best Thing Until ATL Beer Fortnight

It has come to my attention that our nation's capitol is starting a beer week.




Sounds good, y'all.

However, as a native Atlantan, pompous civic boosterism and one-up-manship course through my veins.

I read about DC Beer Week and my first thought was not, "Good for the citizens of that fair city." Nor, "Ah, I wish I could attend." Folks, my first instinct said: "We need a beer week in Atlanta! And it shall be bigger and better than that of DC!"

And thus, I humbly submit: the Inaugural ATL Beer Fortnight.

Someone: call Hop City and Sweetwater and ABC and Monday Night Brewery and those guys who were in Creative Loafing. Someone else: figure out the details. Then let me know when the greatest fortnight of our lives begins, and I will gladly take credit for the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment