Monday, October 26, 2009

DC Beer Search

It wouldn't be proper for DSBC member "Sleeping Brewty" to visit B'more and not make a stop-over in DC. So one was made. (This story will be written in the third person. For dramatic affect).

Katy and her friends, Gen & Emmy, met up at the new and spiffy Birch & Barley where the mediocre grill Dakota Cowboy was previously sitting. A swanky feel and a beautiful "beer organ" with 50 beers on tap. Katy ordered the Harpoon Glacier Harvest Wet Hop though I must admit I am not sure if they served me that or the Green Flash Hop Head Red. It is embarrassing that I don't know which it was that was served as I should have known (and I am, by the way, giving up on writing in the third person!). But regardless, yum yum! One annoying note was the level of noise. My throat hurt from talking too loud when we left. But I was satisfied and happy nonetheless with another wonderful beer contribution to the DC scene!

Then I got Otter Creek Imperial Russian Stout. It gets an A- on beeradvocate (I'll save you the drama of clicking) and it was indeed delicious, but a bit sour compared to Great Divide's Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout. They deservedly get an A. And it is chocolatey and only slightly oak-agey and mostly just the best part of a chocolate milkshake. In a beer. Wow--that is a nasty sounding description.

Life was good. Da end.


1 comment:

  1. This story is so written completely out of order. But because it cracked me up when I read it, I couldn't edit.

    ReplyDelete