Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Bintang for me and a Bintang for you

I've always been particularly unkind to (especially Southeast) Asian beers. Probably because I hate pilsners, and I've not yet met a Southeast Asian beer I haven't hated. (Read: I hate Asian beer)

So what was I to do in Indonesia? I've been in that spot before...nothing around except tons of the local brew in some hot and sweaty country, where cocktails and wine are not of interest at all, and really nothing can beat bottled water.

Indonesia was no exception. Nothing but pilsners. Watery, sour, stinky pilsners. In a world where Heineken is a "luxury" you can believe I will take anything but.

BeerAdvocate gave it a generous C-.

In spite of all of the above, I will admit to enjoying a Bintang on a hot Indonesian night along with my nasi goreng...mmm...don't get me started on Indonesian food!

No comments:

Post a Comment