Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Budweiser -- King of Beers, Misguided Schoolmarm

Today the otherwise reputable Drive a Faster Car directed me to Budweiser's Lager Lessons, Atlanta edition.

I was willing to give the King of Beers a shot -- hey, they're taking their show to the people. Even better, they're taking the people to school. Beer school, that is.

My curiosity was rewarded with (ahem) a flash introduction to Lager Lessons Live. Behold, what apparently represents the perfect pour:


Folks, I'm no expert. And I'm not one to tell tales out of beer school. But let's be reasonable: that is no way to pour a beer. Nor is it any way to copy edit. (Heck, I don't know how to "do" a reasonable pour.)

I'm all for Budweiser giving lessons on how to drink beer, but frankly you'd be better off reading up, starting your own beer club, and tilting your glass 45° for the first half of your pour.

1 comment:

  1. also: It looks oddly like the beer itself tilts a few degrees once it's inside the glass. perhaps this is due to that "beechwood aging." looks like I need some magical lager lessons myself.

    ReplyDelete