Friday, June 26, 2009

Of God and Beer and People


Beer played a major role in my recent trip to Utah. I had a lot to learn about all the strange rules around beer there. For example beers on tap have lower alcohol and so 'full strength' beers only come in bottles. There are, however, quite a few breweries. I even picked up a couple growlers at Moab Brewery but dropped and shattered it on the way to the airport. I did successfully get a few bottles home, including the Devastator from Wasatch. It's a double bock with over 8% alcohol putting the fear of God and beer in the hearts of man throughout the state. Check out the label with the big horn sheep demolishing the staples of Mormon architecture in flames.

But speaking of beer and God I wanted to share with you another gem I discovered while figuratively panning near the Colorado. This found by Dave on a local country station Sunday morning. Yes, Billy Currington, people are crazy (for God and beer).

1 comment:

  1. Vargo, what an interesting sociological post. I'd love to make a beer in Atlanta, call it the "demolisher," and have an image of a giant Kudzu leaf breathing fire, destroying Buckhead.

    ReplyDelete