Thursday, June 25, 2009

Beer-Club-In-Extensia

While you all are enjoying Beer Club, agent Catherine and I visited Alexandria's own Rustico, a pizza joint with a killer beer selection. I had several beers, since you could order ponies. Of note: Hitachino Nest XH (a dark ale matured in sake barrels, the one with the cute little owl on it), which is completely delicious and needs to be consumed by you, whoever you are, immediately (look out for the plum taste in there), Southern Tier Iniquity, who continues to impress me with one of the most amazing and genre-bending beers I've ever had (a jet-black imperial IPA, with the deeply complex dry roasted coffee/chocolate quality of a stout but everything you expect from the Avery Maharajah in terms of hops), and the Founders Dirty Bastard (a terrific Wee Heavy Scotch Ale, didn't leave out the hops like some scottish do), I'd give this two thumbs up, along with both the others. Wish we were there to have some Saisons, but I figured I'd try some rare and out-of-state beers on tap while I could. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear you are keeping up your palette's education--don't let it get rusty this summer! We miss you Breeds!

    ReplyDelete