Sunday, July 12, 2009

I Got Really Excited, and Then It Faded Considerably


Via the Dallas Morning News (my source for all knowledge), there's a Dallas-based company named Word Beer Company that is shipping craft beer in "buckets" to 27 states - including Georgia. It's an interesting way to get around distribution laws, since you can get out-of-state beers... and apparently, UPS ships beer to Georgia with no legal problems. So, I was pretty psyched, and as I went on to their website was thinking about all the Alesmith and Three Floyds I would be drinking... until I saw their list of beers and their prices. A couple of good brews could be bought, some not available in Georgia, but nothing spectacular. No beers from Michigan available...how can I get my hands on some more Founder's? And then there's the extortionist pricing - 60 bucks for 8 12-ounce beers? And the suggested gift packs have Anchor Steam, Magic Hat #9, Peroni, and Guinness in them? 60 bucks for some beers you could pick up at any Kroger in the country? Perhaps we need to start our own, and better, world beer company. Apparently people will pay through the nose for this stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment