Thursday, December 10, 2009

In Anticipation

I'm just back from my first beer in 5 days. Vargo convinced me (he didn't really have to twist my arm) to go to the book signing for Love at the Pub. Vargo asked me if I a) wanted to bid on a BSP table, and B) if I wanted some Sweetwater IPA. Well, Ben wouldn't let me bid on a table (but Vargo did!) so that left me with one option. And I don't really like Sweetwater beers very much, so I wasn't very excited about it. But Vargo told me this was a special Sweetwater, made with Centennial Hops. I was skeptical at first, too, but it was delicious!! Sweetwater CAN make good beers afterall! (Though I am still slightly skeptical that it was a Sweetwater beer--it tasted a lot like Bell's 2 Hearted Ale)

Anyway, we are off to Chattanooga tomorrow. That's right, the dirty south beer club is taking over Chattanooga. We've got lots to do there and lots o' plans. Between the excellent hiking/bouldering/rock climbing/swimming (wait--too cold to swim--it will be in the 20s!) options, coupled with the historic city with a wonderful Riverview Bluffs arts district and cool sculpture gardens plus the art museum and aquarium, the start of the Trail of Tears, yummy pizza/home made ice cream/gourmet hot dogs/southern style joints, we are so set. We are certainly going to be holding court and doing some major beer samplings!

Plus, we're descending, en masse, to Terminal Brewhouse. They won't know what's hit em.

Any suggestions?!

No comments:

Post a Comment